How to Best Clear Off Snow From Your Vehicle
Imagine waking up in a rush to go to work or to drop your kids off at school, only to come face-to-face with your car completely covered in snow and ice. This is a too often scenario for Ontarian drivers during winter. As much as your snow-covered car doors, windows, and windshield affect its visual appeal, they are also a threat to driving safety. To help you remove the snow or ice from your car the easy way every day, here are some top tips and tricks recommended by the experts at S&B Keswick Motors that you must take a look at.
5 Tips To Get Snow Off Your Vehicle
- When de-icing your car, work from the top to the bottom. This means you remove snow from the roof and work your way down to the windows, then the windshield and doors. Please note that removing snow from the roof is important because not doing so may put other drivers on the road at risk of impaired driving.
- Using an ice scraper is probably the easiest option available to you to remove the snow and ice buildup from your car. If you don’t have an ice scraper, you can also use a thick plastic sheet or blades to clear off the snow. Avoid using metal scrapers as they may leave scratches on the vehicle.
- To remove snow from your car’s windshield and windows more easily, simply turn on the defrost mode through the temperature control console. You can also turn up the fan speed to the highest or heat up the windows to melt the snow.
- Use de-icer sprays, especially alcohol-based ones, as they are the most effective on the car. De-icer sprays prevent the snow from accumulating on your car, especially the windshield, which reduces the stress of scraping off ice from the car. Do not use salt-based sprays, as they may damage your vehicle.
- To reduce your snow removal time, put a cover or a tarp on your car when it’s not in use. You can also put socks or bags on the wipers and mirrors to avoid them being covered in snow. Lastly, you can point your windshield wipers straight up to keep them from sticking to the windshield glass.
Stay Tuned with S&B Keswick Motors for More Such Tips
The expert technicians at S&B Keswick Motors have years of experience working with the industry’s best automobile professionals, who helped them understand the importance of such auto maintenance tips. So, if you want to learn more tips and tricks like the above, visit our website or dealership in Keswick, ON.